Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ole!


My lovely west-coast dwelling sister-in-law introduced me to Mexican Lasagna back when my husband and I were in the early stages of our relationship. We went over to her place for dinner where she presented us with everything delicious layered into a casserole dish and baked for 30 minutes. I have been making this ever since and modify it to accommodate what I have in my fridge and pantry. Its super easy for a quick weeknight meal too!
Mexican Lasagna:
10-12 Flour or Corn Tortillas (If you can get Corn..they are sooooo much tastier!)
1Lb Ground Beef, or Ground Chicken or Turkey, whatever floats your boat!
1 Tsp each of Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder. Or you can use pre-made taco seasoning J
1 Can Refried Beans
1 Can Peaches and Cream Corn, water drained
3 green onions, chopped
1 Jar of your Favourite Salsa
1 Jalapeno, minced
Lots of Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Green or Redd Pepper, chopped
Fresh Cilantro to garnish
Sour Cream (1/2 Cup)
In a saucepan brown the ground beef…once cooked add spices and coat evenly…if mixture is a little dry add a little water and continue cooking until water is evaporated.
In a lasagna dish, Layer all the ingredients in whatever order you please. I like to layer in this order: Little salsa, tortillas, beans, corn, Beef, cheese,  tortillas, salsa, jalapeno, Beef, green pepper, cheese, tortillas, cheese, green onion, sour cream dollops.
Pop this bad boy into your oven at 375F for about 30 minutes or until everything is bubbling and melted.
Garnish with Cilantro.
You will thank me when you eat this! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment