Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Friday, May 6, 2011

Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies!

Happy Friday all!!! I thought I would make EVERYONE's weekend by posting my much coveted recipe for Chocolate cheesecake brownies. These are really amazing and easy to make. Just ask my co-workers who try to bribe me into making these to bring them in to the office!
First here is a list of ingredients that you will need, however in my photos I doubled the recipe since I did end up bringing this batch in to my co-workers (Brownie POINTS!! lol)

1 pkg light cream cheese
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
First, melt your butter with 1 Cup of the Chocolate Chips


Be careful not to set the stove too high..this will burn the chocolate..you want to slowly melt it.
Perfect! Now set this aside to cool while you prepare the cheesecake
In a mixing bowl beat the (softened) cream cheese with 1 egg and 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth.
Now add the remaining 1 Cup of chocolate chips and set this aside.
Now back to the chocolate. Hopefully the chocolate has cooled down a bit (if not stick it in your fridge for about 10 minutes..you don't want it cold..just not scalding hot). Add two eggs to the chocolate. Mix well.
Now add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar..mix this very well.
And lastly add the Flour, baking powder and Salt. Make sure you mix thoroughly
 leaving no trace of the flour.
Now pre-heat your oven to 350F and prepare your pan. The recipe above makes enough for a 9" square pan. Because I doubled it I used a much larger pan. Line the pan with foil..trust me..
no mess to clean and its easier to cut the brownies.
Now pour in about half the chocolate mixture and spread it evenly in the pan
Next, add all the cheesecake mixture. Spread this around the pan as well.
Top it off with the rest of the chocolate mixture
With a butter knife start swirling the 2 mixtures together, making a nice marble pattern.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. I usually turn off the oven at 25minutes and leave the brownies in the oven for 10-15minutes with the heat off. Then open the oven door and leave them in the oven for an additional 30 minutes to cool in the oven.
mmmm...brownies
Eat them while they are warm and gooey...or you can cut into squares and refrigerate. Always a crowd pleaser! Enjoy your Mothers day weekend all!

1 comment: