Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oven Baked Tilapia with Garlic, Lemon & Parsley


Yayy!!! Finally a healthy recipe...well sort of...I did add a smidge of butter. But seriously..no one will notice that smidge. Anywho, fish kinda scares me. I love it, but after a few disasters of undercooked and overcooked fish (not by me, by restaurants..ugh), I tend to shy away from fish dishes. I ALWAYS buy my fish fresh, never ever frozen, EVER. The fresher the fish, the pricier it is in this neighbourhood...until you find tilapia. This bland whitefish is the most affordable. And since it really has very little natural flavour to it, the world is your oyster when it comes to being creative. But for starters, lets keep this fresh easy and light!
I like to give my Tilapia fillets a quick rinse first...then pat dry with paper towels. Chop 2 Cloves of Garlic, 1/4 Cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, and slice a lemon in half.
In a saucepan heat up (medium heat) about 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil and 1 Tbsp of Butter.
Add your garlic and let it cook for a couple seconds until it becomes fragrant!
Now add your parsley to the party! Set this aside for now.
Throw your fillets into a cast iron oven proof pan on high heat. Let it sear for a couple minutes and pour the hot oil, garlic, parsley mixture over the fillets. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the fish and place in a 375F oven.
The fish only takes about 7-8 minutes to cook. You can tell once the fish turns fluffy and flaky. Serve over poached asparagus and roasted sweet potato's.

No comments:

Post a Comment