Just a little ole working gal, who loves food

Monday, February 4, 2013

Crockpot Guinness Beef Stew

This weekend we got a nice cold snap that made me want to just curl up in bed with my cats. But then my husband would starve if I did that. So I decided I needed to make something warm and hearty in the crockpot for when he got home from work. Nice wife that i am.
 
In your Crock pot add 5 Large Chopped Potato's, 2 Large Chopped Carrots, 2 chopped Onions and 4 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
 
In a bowl coat your cubed stewing beef in flour, salt and pepper. Brown the beef in small batches with a tbsp of Olive Oil.
Add the partially cooked stewing beef to the crockpot.
Add 1 Full can of Guinness, 1 Tbsp of Sugar, 1 Can of Tomato Paste and 1 Tsp of Fresh chopped Thyme. Top up the crockpot with Beef Broth until the veggies and beef are covered. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Stir and allow to cook on low for 10-12 hours. The beef will be melt in your mouth tender and so tasty! I like to ladle the stew into a saucepan with a touch of cornstarch and hot water to thicken up the sauce then serve it over Mashed Potato or even Rice!
 
Stay Warm Friends!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment